Here are some behind the scenes photos from my two segments during March Madness Week.
During the first segment I made Marshmallow Popcorn.
Super yummy, but would probably make EXCELLENT popcorn balls.
3 bags popcorn (pop and take out extra kernels)
2 sticks of butter
16 oz bag of marshmallows
1 cup brown sugar
Microwave butter, marshmallows, and brown sugar for 2 1/2 min. Take out and stir. Microwave again for 1 min. Repeat until thin sauce. When done pour over popcorn and mix.
Then I made some bacon wrapped smokies with brown sugar and butter that I found the recipe for over on pinterest from this website.
- 1 pound Bacon, Cut Into Thirds
- 1 pound Smokies
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
Preparation InstructionsPreheat oven to 375F. Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each smokie. Place all the wrapped smokies in a single layer in a baking dish. Then melt the stick of butter and then 1 cup of brown sugar and stir until mixed well. Pour the butter and brown sugar mixture on the smokies and bacon. Then take the other cup of brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the smokies. Bake them for about 15-20 minutes and then turn the heat up to 400F for about 5 minutes or longer until the bacon becomes crispy.
Then for the second segment I stuck to the dips.
Who doesn't love a GOOD dip?
Just NO double dipping at my house when my husband is around!
First I made some S'More's Dip which I found on pinterest HERE.
- 1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 box (13 oz) graham cracker honey sticks
- 1) In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and condensed milk on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chips are melted. Stir to mix well. Pour into 9-inch glass pie pan, spreading evenly.
- 2) Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls randomly over chocolate mixture. Microwave on High about 30 seconds or until marshmallow creme is softened. Immediately with knife, make several small swirls through marshmallow and chocolate, creating a marbled appearance.
- 3) Serve immediately with graham sticks for dipping.
And then I made some Brownie Batter Dip which I also found on pinterest HERE.
This recipe came from the Crumbs and Chaos blog which I LOVE now after having found it on pinterest. This stuff was AMAZING, and it looked a lot prettier prior to all the people dipping into it!
- 8 oz CREAM CHEESE
- 1/2 cup BUTTER
- 2-3 cup POWDERED SUGAR -- varies by desired consistency
- 5 Tablespoons FLOUR
- 5 Tablespoons COCOA POWDER
- 2 Tablespoons BROWN SUGAR
- 3+ Tablespoons MILK -- varies by desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
With a mixer, beat together the cream cheese and the butter. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and 1 tablespoon of milk until combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 1 more tablespoon of milk if needed. Beat until smooth. Add remaining powdered sugar and milk alternately until dip reaches your desired consistency.