Saturday, August 14, 2010

S'More Cupcakes





I know, I know... I've been on a S'More Kick lately! So, when I saw these cupcakes I KNEW I wanted to try them out for our potluck this Sunday at church. And...wait for it.... these are from scratch, baby. NO BOX. I got the recipe from HoosierHomemade. So, you'll have to go check it out and try these for yourself. There's a graham cracker cake batter on bottom, graham cracker crust crumbs, then half a marshmallow (I used a new chocolate swirl marshmallow!), topped off with chocolate cake batter and more graham cracker crust crumbs. Baked 'em up, topped them with a chocolate ganache and then a marshmallow buttercream frosting. Then as a garnish, I topped it with more graham cracker crust crumbs, a little hershey bar, and a cute little teddy graham. I took one bite and it was super hard to not eat the entire thing. (I had to share with TJ. Usually I have to share with the kids, but the beaters from the frosting satisfied them this time!) TJ was ubber impressed! He even said it tasted better than a real s'more! Oh, my...don't let the S'More police hear that, I think they may already be after me for buying chocolate swirl marshmallows today in an effort to save a few calories when making s'mores over a fire by eliminating the hershey bar! I first tried Hoosier Homemade's Marshmallow Cream Cheese frosting. For me, it was a bust. So, thanks to my girl, Betty C., I whipped up a marshmallow buttercream frosting. Super easy. One jar of marshmallow fluff, 2 sticks of butter, and 2 C. of powdered sugar. Mix it up, and Yum-O. Church friends, grab these up quick before my family does!!! (Now, will someone please help me take better pictures of my work??!?)

3 comments:

Christie said...

I've been wanting to make these, have seen several versions, was it way time consuming?

HoosierHomemade said...

I'm so glad you liked them!
Christie...they aren't any more time consuming than a regular from scratch cake...you do use quite a few dishes though :-)
~Liz

Jenn said...

YUM!!!! Still trying to get past the "from scratch" part... I know it tastes SO much better though. PLEASE make these for me!!! ;-)