Friday, June 10, 2011

Pink and Brown Milk & Cookies Baby Shower

 
Last night was my monthly news segment over on WCFN.
This month I featured a Pink and Brown Milk & Cookies baby shower.
Milk & Cookies themes are really popular right now and what I love most about them is that they are so easy to put together.  Besides, who doesn't LOVE milk and yummy cookies, they go together perfectly!

In case you missed the segment, you can view the entire segment HERE.



 I didn't get a chance to metion these on air, but these are the peanut butter cookie cupcakes with a Reese's cup on the bottom.  Super yummy, super EASY!




 How stinkin' cute are these little milk jug and cookie cupcake toppers from the sweet girls over at Pinwheel Lane?!?!?  They were so sweet and sent me some to use for the segment and they just worked perfectly!
  If you haven't liked Pinwheel Lane yet on facebook, you really need to get on it!!!
You can also go check out all their other cute stuff on etsy HERE!









Seriously, this cake was AMAZING!
We made a pink layer cake and then added the cutest cookies from Brittany of Fairytale Sweets around the edges.  Her cookies are absolutely YUMMY.  Instead of the usual royal icing you find on most decorated cookies, Brittany uses buttercream, and it is de-lish!  She just started up her facebook fanpage so go send her some PnP LOVE and LIKE her page HERE!

 {Snickerdoodle Cookies}

 I had to throw in some pink & brown creme wafers.  I LOVE these things!  I can remember going over to my Great Grandma's house and she would always have them in her little, brown, monkey cookie jar!  We'd devour them!


 {Sugar Cookie Truffles}
These are what we did together on the news.
Super easy.  I got the idea for these HERE on Cookies and Cups blog.



 Did you know over at GFS you can order a case of little milk cartons like these?
They don't have a variety pack, but you can buy them in either white or chocolate!




{Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls}
I found the recipe for those HERE.

 BEHIND THE SCENES...

 I don't say it enough, but I've got the best "team!"
My mom and sister busted their little humps helping me Wednesday night to get things together.  I honestly couldn't pull these segments off without them.  And my awesome Grandma... she helped me out by making the chocolate chip and snickerdoodle cookies for the glass jars.  Such a BIG help!



Dave was off tonight, so Sweet Ashley got to experience a segment with "The Cupcake Lady."
Yea, that's what I'm referred to as up there at the station.  :)

Everything turned out super cute and stay tuned.... you may be seeing a PARTY SALE on this blog featuring party items from my news segments that I don't need anymore!


Linking up to...

Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

SUPER impressed! :-) I'm going to have to try out those snickerdoodle cupcakes! :-)

PinwheelLane said...

Great segment! We are going to try some of your recipes and ideas and we are so thrilled that you used our sweet cupcake toppers! Thanks again!

cookies and cups said...

Thanks for the link love! What a fun thing you get to do on TV!! You're like a real life celebrity ;)