Monday, June 20, 2011

Cupcake Monday - Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

 How cute are these little guys???
Awhile back I made these for an order and now I'm totally kicking myself for not sharing them with y'all sooner!
The only other time I'd made ice cream cone cupcakes was for Jillian's 1st Birthday that you can see here...
Oh my goodness, memories...
So, I figured what the hey, I've made them before, no prob-lame-O.
Well, turns out... it had been too long...
It was totally trial and error on how high to fill the cones with your batter so my first batch I didn't fill up enough so those were worthless.  Then, for some reason, these little suckers need to bake LONGER than a normal cupcake, so there went batch #2.
I thought for sure by batch #3, I'd have it down pat... and thankfully I DID!  
So, here's the trick...


Then bake them for at least 20 minutes.
Maybe a different cake batter would be different, but I used my chocolate cake recipe and it seemed to take F.O.R.E.V.E.R.
Then top them with some buttercream and sprinkles and you have sweet, little, kid friendly ice cream cones cupcakes.




And it's soooo nice to have handy husband's and mama's who will cut little circles in a box for you to help in the transportation of these little suckers.  :)

No comments: