Friday, April 1, 2011

The BEST Chocolate Cupcake

So, I asked on facebook how to get moist cupcakes...
My AMAZING fans delivered!
I got LOTS of advice and even a recipe suggestion from 
which I decided I MUST try...I mean it does say it's the BEST in the recipe!

 I'm not exactly a chocolate cake fan...
Don't get me wrong, I'll eat it, but I'm not sure it'd be my first choice.
But these cupcakes...YUM.
Taking suggestions from Allyson Jane, an AMAZING cookie artist, and my friend Christie, who is super creative and throws beautiful parties, like this ONE, I decided to do a little experiment.  After baking my cupcakes, I took one pan and stuck them directly in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  The other pan, I just left out on the cooling rack.  I had my taste tester hubby try both of them.  First up, the non-freezer ones.  Verdict...YUM.  Then he tried the ones that went straight to the freezer.  When frosting them, I immediately noticed they felt quite a bit heavier than the other cupcakes.  Verdict...SUPER YUM.  They were both moist, YIPEEEE... but the freezer ones were even more moist!  I actually tried a non-freezer one and thought they were delicious.  Topped with yummy buttercream frosting and mini chocolate chips swirled inside, these are sinful chocolate cupcakes.


I wanted to get a shot of the inside, so you can see that it WAS moist, but since I had already eaten one, I just used Jillian's.  All she likes is the frosting anyways, so excuse the licked off frosting and just admire the MOIST center.  It made a very delicious supper.  
Hold on...someone's calling me...


Oh, it's just my treadmill.

Thank you Kevin & Amanda for sharing an AMAZING recipe!!!

The Best Chocolate Cake Ever

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 small pkg Jello instant chocolate pudding mix *I used devil's food pudding
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large bowl, mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into cake pan of choice (I normally use two 9-inch pie pans). For cooking time, I use the cooking times on the back of the devil’s food cake box as a guide and usually add 10 mins to whatever it says. Then I do the toothpick check, and if it’s not done, I check on it every 5 mins after that. It usually takes around 45 mins for two, 9-inch pie pans.
*Mine baked for 20 minutes and were good.

Basic Buttercream Frosting

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 pound confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
  2. Reduce speed to medium. Add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes. (After every 2 additions, increase speed to high, and beat for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to medium-high). Add vanilla, and beat until buttercream is smooth. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. (Bring to room temperature, and beat on low speed until smooth before using.)


2 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

These Look INCREDIBLE! ;-)

Unknown said...

They seriously are the best chocolate cupcakes EVER!! I am with you Chocolate cake is probably #4 or 5 down on my list, but these are to die for!! Glad you liked them, too!