Monday, April 18, 2011

Connye's Coconut Cupcakes




My sweet friend from church, Connye, is amazing
Definitely a gal after my own heart with her Texas style, love for Hershey's chocolate coffee creamer, and awesome baking skills.
After an evening of Bunco at her house, where I must add, I went home a Loser, she shared this de-lish Coconut Cupcake recipe with me.  If you LOVE coconut, these are a must try.  Very good, very moist, and very coco-nutty.
Thanks Connye!  Definitely a keeper!

Connye's Coconut Cupcakes
Ingredients:
3/4 lb (3 sticks) unsalted butter (room temp)
2 c. sugar
5 extra large eggs (room temp) - I just used large since that's what I had in the fridge.
1 1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 t. almond extract
3 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. buttermilk
14 oz. sweetened shredded coconut
Directions:
Cream butter and sugar till light with mixer on low, add eggs one at a time, add vanilla and almond and mix well. Add together flour, powder, soda and salt. In 3 parts, add dry mixture, alternately with buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with dry. Mix just until combined. Fold in half of coconut. bake 25 to 35 minutes. (I baked mine at 350 for 15 minutes, then popped them right in the freezer for 10 minutes.)
Icing:
Ingredients-
1 lb cream cheese room temp
3/4 lb unsalted butter
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
1 1/2 lb. powdered sugar.
Directions:
Blend cream cheese, butter and extracts, add in sugar.
Ice cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining coconut. 

1 comment:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

Ok. . .I'm trying these this week. . :-)