Thursday, November 25, 2010

Chocolate + Peanut Butter = ♥

{Reese's Pieces Chocolate Cupcake}

So, after our New Orleans trip, I've been dying to make this Reese's Pieces cupcake that I had at the Kupcake Factory. It's sooooooooooooo good! It's a chocolate cupcake topped with a peanut butter buttercream frosting, and rolled in crushed Reese's Pieces. Oh.My.Goodness. YuM! I just used Martha's One Bowl Chocolate Cupcake recipe and topped it with peanut butter frosting, which is basically vanilla buttercream, minus the vanilla, add 3/4 C. - 1 C. of creamy peanut butter and mix it up. So good! I tried Martha's peanut butter frosting first, which had cream cheese in it..... NOT a hit. Quite disappointing actually, a tad salty for my taste. {I like my frosting SWEET!} Then you just grind up some Reese's Pieces and you have a very dangerous cupcake on your hands.





{Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcake}

I'm pretty sure these are at the top of TJ's favorite cupcake list. And they couldn't be easier to make! So simple. I got the recipe here. All it takes is a Reese's peanut butter cup and a bag mix of peanut butter cookies. Drop a Reese's PB cup in the cupcake liner, top with about 2 Tbsp. of cookie dough mix, bake at 325* for 15-20 minutes and wah-lah. Then I topped it with a white chocolate buttercream and it is DE-LISH.

No comments: