Thursday, November 4, 2010

Devil's Food Cupcakes - #9

So for our Fall Fest at church last weekend, I made Martha's Devil's Food Cupcakes. MUCH better experience than those Marble Cupcakes. These were really good! Then to make them even better, I scooped out the center with a new gadget I found at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and filled them with some oreo cream filling. De-Lish!
Scoop out the center...
Pipe in your oreo cream filling...
Pop the trimmed off top back on top...I filled them with the oreo cream filling using a simple ziploc bag with the end snipped off. Need the recipe for the oreo cream filling? Click HERE. Then I got to thinking, if I wanted to make it really easy on myself, buy a tub of Cool-Whip and fold in the 10 crushed oreos. (Maybe I'll try that next time.) Next, you need to trim the part you scooped out, or else you'll have cupcakes that look like this top left one in this next picture. Not pretty.

After I topped them, I made a chocolate ganache and dipped them in it, then let them sit for awhile in the fridge to set up. I found a really good chocolate ganache recipe HERE. Last, topped them with some buttercream frosting and a Ghost Peep topper. Yummmmm...




Want to try these on your own... here's the recipe!!!

No comments: