Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine's Day Advent Calendar







I am all about starting traditions with my family and when I ran across this advent calendar on another blog, I KNEW it was something fun I wanted to do each year with my kids to celebrate Valentine's Day. I wouldn't have been able to complete this project without the help of my fabulous mom! I will admit, it was a little more work than I anticipated, but so worth it in the end! I cut the pink heart out of about a yard of felt and then cut 4X4 squares and arranged them first before sewing them on. That's where my mom came in! She has a new sewing machine so we put it to work, or actually, I put my mom to work! She's amazing. I'm including some close-ups of some of the cool stitching that it produced. I still need to cover and trim the dowel rod and then I need to also figure out what I'm going to put in the pockets. I have all my cute Valentine's Day paper ready, but I am not sure what I'm wanting to put on it! I'm thinking a fun activity to do that day like going to the indoor playground, baking cookies or cupcakes, having heart shaped pancakes for breakfast....I don't know. I'm still thinking. Or I might put a cute poem or phrase or even a Bible verse....again, still thinking! I'll let ya know what I decide!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh Heather - that's awesome! GREAT job!!