Monday, October 4, 2010

Chocolate Malted Cupcakes -#6





I was busy baking again today, so in continuing my Martha's Cupcake Project, today I tackled the Chocolate Malted Cupcakes. My (future) sister-in-law's birthday is tomorrow so I wanted to give shipping cupcakes a try, so this seemed to be the perfect opportunity. She requested chocolate, so I thought these sounded pretty good. I'm not a HUGE chocolate cake kinda girl, but these were good! VERY good. I used a vanilla buttercream frosting, like Martha recommended, but I think next time I'd do a chocolate ganache or even a peanut butter buttercream. The vanilla just didn't do it for me. But, they were still good. Yummmm, I just thought maybe a chocolate frosting with crushed Whoppers on top or just one Whopper on top would be de-lish. I'll try that next time!

No comments: