Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Good Stinkin' Grief!


So.... anyone want to take a guess as to what this hot mess is??? It would be my first attempt at shipping cupcakes and as you can see it was a big, honkin', disaster... Soooooo disappointed, but lesson learned, I guess. I guess the only pro is that they still tasted yummy even if they had to be eaten with a fork. So, on to Plan B....anyone got a Plan B?????


Happy Birthday, Stacy!
Sorry they were a big, purple, mess... Thanks for having a birthday and being my first cupcake shipping experience guinea pig!

3 comments:

Terra Diskin said...

Awww Heather!! That is so sad.....poor cupcakes....but at least you tried! :) You mentioned plan B....I was not sure if maybe putting some sort of divider inside the box to hold them in place would help? That proabably will not help if the box gets turned upside down.....hmmmmm.....I will keep brainstorming inthe land of food and see what I come up with. The link below is what I found when I googled how to ship cupcakes.

http://iheartcuppycakes.com/2008/03/13/how-to-ship-a-cupcake-solution/

and this one.......

http://www.cupcakeactivist.com/2009/10/how-to-ship-cupcakes.html

Best of luck and hope that helps somehwat tho the cost would go up from that...I like the mini jar idea but loose teh whole over the top icing but could be a start. :)
TTYL,
Terra

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

Terra, thanks for the links! I'm going to have to check them out! I did have them in a cupcake divider box, but I guess I need one a little sturdier. Thanks for the help!!!

Mom said...

Oh my! Didn't think they would look like that when they arrived. I thought they were pretty secure. Keep trying. There has to be a way to do it.