Saturday, December 18, 2010

Brock's Monster Truck 4th Birthday Party












My sweet little guy, Brock, turned 4 years old on Friday! He has been fascinated with Monster Jam for such a LONGGGG time that I thought for sure it would have worn off by now, but no. So, I shouldn't have been surprised when he told me he wanted a Monster Truck birthday party. And ya know, there isn't a whole lot out there online for Monster Truck parties. So, I first had to pick which monster truck we'd go with, and being that I like green and purple, we went with Grave Digger. I made two different types of cupcakes. Brock said he wanted chocolate so I made a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter frosting and for the other one I went with my stand-by, brown sugar cupcake, cookie dough filling, with a cookie dough buttercream frosting. Then I had my friend, Brittany of Fairytale Sweets, make the Grave Digger cookies. They turned out BEAUTIFUL and tasted so stinkin' yummy!!! You should totally go check her out! I got each of Brock's little friends their own monster truck to take home and attached a tag with a cute bow saying, "Thank You! Love, Brock." For our "older" friends, I bought pre-packaged donuts and attached a tag saying, "I'm so excited you came, I'm doing 'donuts!'" (Ya know, since monster trucks do donuts... get it?) *hee hee
Everything turned out so stinkin' cute, and made all that rushing around minutes before the party all worth while. {Bless my sweet husband's heart for putting up with me!}

14 comments:

Taylor said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Everything looks yummy!

Ebony

The Snodgrass Family said...

Looks fab Heather! What are you using to put up that backboard? I saw it in your gingerbread party too. Are you just covering some sort of board?

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

Thanks Everyone!!!
@Amy- It's a piece of OSB board I got at Home Depot. I had it trimmed to fit the size of my table and then I covered it with fabric. Pretty good job for the hubs. :)

Mom said...

Another great job, Heather! Everything was so cute and the cupcakes were delicious! So proud of you!

Rebecca said...

Cute cute!! :)

A To Zebra Celebrations said...

GREAT JOB!!! I need to share this one on my blog :) I want to post more boy parties! Email me some pics please, your favorite ones :)

Brittany Reed said...

I'm just wondering how you made he banner? I'm thinking of basing my soon to be 4 year old son's birthday off of your theme =)

Heather, TJ, Brock, and Jillian said...

Hey Brittany! I made the banner using my cricut. Having one of those makes making banners and cupcake toppers a breeze! Would LOVE to see pics from your son's party!!! :)

Leann G. said...

I have a soon-to-be-4 year old that wants a Gravedigger party. Your ideas are super cute!

Unknown said...

Superb job done! Loved the idea of a monster truck themed party. Every arrangement deserves a huge round of applause. I just loved it. Thanks for sharing this post, I can actually take up some ideas for my son’s birthday party which is next month in one of the event venues Chicago.

S said...

How did you do your cookies?? They are adadorab!!!!

roulettesitetop said...

While looking for articles on these topics, I came across this article on the site here. As I read your article, I felt like an expert in this field. CLICK IT: 룰렛

slotmachine777.site said...

Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specifically the last part. I care for such information much. 슬롯머신777사이트