Monday, May 23, 2011

Cupcake Monday - Almond Joy Cupcakes



 

Last weekend my mom wanted me to make some cupcakes for a sweet lady at her church who was celebrating her 80th birthday.  So, I wanted to try something new... but just wasn't sure what.  Then I ran across a candy display set up in Wal-Mart with some Almond Joy candy bars.  Hmmm....
I took my go-to white cake recipe (because it's super EASY), used coconut pudding instead of vanilla, and then added a cup of shredded coconut to the mix.  Looking back, I should have added some chopped up almond joys to the batter, but I had planned on putting them on top.  Except once chopped up, they looked not so pretty.  Luckily I had also bought these little gems...



crushed them up and rolled them on top of the buttercream frosting.

I think they turned out pretty yummy...

*note to self... Not all ovens cook the same.  
Just sayin'.  
I'm sure you already knew that though.  :)

No comments: